ERROR: SQLITE_CANTOPEN: unable to open database file

@watermelon-pixels: Continuing the discussion from Installation problems, since it’s a little different topic than the original thread.

To recap, when you try to start vapid, you’re seeing the following error:

vapid start . 

==> Starting the development server...                                                              
ERROR: SQLITE_CANTOPEN: unable to open database file                                                
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE                                                                            
npm ERR! errno 1                                                                                    
npm ERR! vapid-example@ start: `vapid start .`                                                      
npm ERR! Exit status 1                                                                              
npm ERR!                                                                                            
npm ERR! Failed at the vapid-example@ start script.                                                 
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

And I had commented that it might be caused by a missing data folder, which you replied is not the case.

Would you mind doing a directory listing, so we can rule out any permission errors, etc?

cd /to/your/project
ls -la

@watermelon-pixels I just released a new version of vapid-cli (v0.2.2) that’s more forgiving on startup, and recreates folders, etc, that it requires. Might be worthwhile to give that a try first, and see if it resolves the issue. Hopefully, if it is a permissions issue, then Vapid will throw a more helpful error message.

# To update
npm install -g vapid-cli

@scott Ok thank a lot. I’ll try that new CLI soon. :slight_smile:
I’ll try that on my Mac too.