Migrate a Wordpress Site, using JSON

Hello,

I tried to search and see if there is any topic covering migration from another CMS via JSON and there does not seem to be any.

So, my question is, is it possible to read from JSON and import all the content. It kinda beats re-entering all that content again.

Thanks & Regards
Said

0 Likes

@Said There isn’t an import tool like that right now, but I think it’d be useful, and I might be able to help build one.

Is your WordPress site using standard posts/pages, or are you using custom post types too?

0 Likes

@Scott , Thanks for getting back

I think there would be many who would use it and very kind of you to help build one.

Just standard posts/pages.

One question though, how would categories be handled?

Regards
Said

0 Likes

@Said I’m not sure how to handle categories. Vapid doesn’t have the concept of cross-referenced data types, so there wouldn’t be a way to query for records based on a specific category.

Are you trying to recreate a blog?

0 Likes

@Scott,

Yes I am recreating a blog, but always have always found that many types of content need some form of categorisation. One way I though of handling it with Vapid is to to create a specific section for each category, whilst that works “Ok” for that number of categories, it becomes impractical when you have many.

Also comes with the issue of having the same field/s for all of them. I can use partials to handle this, where the only part that changes is the section name and the inner parts use the partial.

Regards
Said

0 Likes