Priority syntax

Quick question for the weekend. Putting the “Priority” feature to use to organize input fields. Curious if the proper syntax is priority="1" or priority='1' etc. Trying multiple versions but my elements are still out of order. Was also wondering if there’s a built in limit to the syntax. (Does “11” get interpreted to come immediately after “1”? Etc.)

Thanks for the looks and the insight!

@dylan I’m sorry to hear about these troubles. You should be able to use either single or double quotes, and Vapid uses numerical order for sorting priority (i.e., you can expect to see 1, 2, 11 in that order).

I forgot to ask: what version of Vapid are you using?

vapid -v

Hey @scott I’m on v8.4.

I forgot to edit this last night. I figured it out and managed to get it to behave. That said, I do think it might be useful to point out that I ran into some issues when I initially tried to add “priority” after a “default” within a vapid tag. To get it to work I had to move “priority” ahead of “default,” It seems like the quotes used for “default” caused it to get confused as to when the default content ended.

Strange. Did the default content itself have quotes in it? If you wouldn’t mind sharing, I’d like to see some code that breaks, so I can test it on my end.

This chunk which I’m using to denote collaborators on projects:

{{#if Credits}}<h4 class="collaborators">
            Credits
          </h4>
          <h5>
          {{Credits type=html editor=wysiswyg required=false priority="7" default='<p><a href="/" target="_blank">Collaborator 1 – Responsiblity</a></p>'}}
          </h5>
          {{/if}}

The Credits tag was originally like this:

{{#if Credits}}<h4 class="collaborators">
            Credits
          </h4>
          <h5>
          {{Credits type=html editor=wysiswyg required=false default='<p><a href="/" target="_blank">Collaborator 1 – Responsiblity</a></p>' priority='7'}}
          </h5>
          {{/if}}

With “priority” at the end, it populated as part of the default text in the field on the dashboard and didn’t render properly on the live site. Hopefully you can replicate.